Thursday, 12 October 2017

Diability is not Inability; Gedion Kimutai



Diability Is Not Inability; Gedion Kimutai

By Jackson Nzuli,

“I have never dreamt of being an athlete but fate placed me into this, this iswhy they do it.I started training leg work since I had both of my legs.” Said GedionKimutai.

GedionKimutai, number 296 among the leading during the Moi University 10 km 
marathon race.Photo by Jackson Nzuli/The Fourth Estate Kenya

GedionKimutai finished the 10km race marathon held at Moi University grounds at position three. In position three, he was celebrated more than any other. 
Gedion kimutai is single handed, and thus qualifies to be in the group of the physically challenged yet compete with the unchalleged.  


 "My right hand was chopped by a chap cutter, while operating the chap cutter, a day before the minister of education announced the national KCSE in 2014. This was 6 months before he joined university of Eldoret (UOE).


This scar in my life has a story behind it, and every moment see the scar, I usually remember the mission it posed me into, to run and run.




when my right hand was cut, it posed great difficulty in my dream, since pilots use both hands. I cried at first before I coped with the remaining left hand. I realized that it is an illusion to belief in life without wars; since wars waged against us by the evil always. When I lost my hand, I didn’t lose my legs and my brains. I trained my left hand to do all that was being done by the right hand like writing notes in class.” Said kimutai.

"Fate placed me into this"


"Some scars may leave you disabled, but does not mean inability. It is not always true that nothing succeeds like success, but the passion for success will always make one work hard to over come failure.” He concluded.


Life flights from the reality may be either conscious or unconscious. They are conscious when they become a load on ones life, forcing some to become alcoholic in order to forget them. These flights are unconscious when a weak person gives himself strong qualities that make him comfortable among other people, the so called dreams.






No comments:

Post a Comment